The place for lesson plans and other useful classroom resources
Please browse the lesson plans to see if one or more of them will fit into your program for this semester. These lesson plans are aligned with the California Department of Education’s History-Social Science content standards.
Most lessons have been developed in an “Online” and “Offline” format. Online lessons have elements intended to be presented to the class through an active computer connected to one or multiple computers. Offline lessons have been designed for use where there is no student access to computers: elements are set up to be printed and reproduced for classroom use.
- 1906 San Francisco Earthquake
- California During the Great Depression
- California Regions
- Census/Gold Rush Town
- Growth of a City
- How To Make Slime
- Hydraulic Mining
- Japanese Relocation/Internment
- Levels of Government in California
- Planning a Railroad
- The Right to Education for California’s Minorities and Immigrants
- The State Seal
- Using Source Material